Manager, Business Development
Sametz Blackstone Associates is seeking a Manager, Business Development to join the team at our boutique brand strategy firm in Boston. This individual will have at least 5 years of experience seeking, identifying, and pursuing new business leads, ideally in a professional services (architecture, finance, law, etc.) or creative services (graphic design, marketing, event planning, advertising, etc.) environment.
This individual will be an exceptional communicator, a capable and clear writer, a strong presenter, and will show entrepreneurial spirit and independence in achieving their goals. The position is a hybrid business development and inbound marketing role, with the following priorities:
Develop and implement strategies to generate more opportunities to propose (whether via acquiring RFPs, encouraging client referrals, making appropriate contact with ideal clients through conferences or smaller settings) and win work in our key verticals.
- Be the primary point of contact, management, and accountability in proposal creation, including coordinating our internal teams to document scope, numbers, case studies, particular sections to be written by management or staff, and so on.
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in our proposal-crafting and pitch deck-making processes, and generate suggestions to help the team to create a better system for each: a library of resources and components, implementation, etc.
- Identify opportunities for team members to attend and / or speak and present at relevant industry events, conferences, and associations. This includes monitoring for proposal open and close dates, and authoring and coordinating submissions.
- Develop and implement a thought leadership / content strategy, including content on our website, content on social media, and pitching placements in relevant media (this isn’t a public relations role specifically, but we want to do more outreach and position ourselves as an expert source in our disciplines and verticals.)
- Collaborate with our internal web team to ensure our website is serving as an excellent first handshake / credibility builder / representation of our offerings.
If you have experience in these tasks and want to join a small but passionate team, please submit your resume, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters, please.