UX Strategist / Information Architect
Sametz Blackstone Associates is seeking an experienced UX Strategist / Information Architect to join our digital team. This role works in tandem with our brand strategists, designers, and web developers toward our ultimate goal of bringing brand-focused communications strategies to life on the web.
Our web team is responsible for website discovery and investigation, information architecture, UX design, and front-end and back-end development. We offer WordPress development in house, and work with dedicated partners to execute on a wide range of platforms, including Drupal, SiteCore, Blackbaud, and more.
- Think and strategize through all architecture for client websites and agency website as needed
- Perform all UX-related research for clients
- Make recommendations on site architecture and be able to back up reasoning and “why” behind those recommendations; establish and advocate for UX best practices
- Lead UX discovery
- Lead, plan, and conduct user research, including interviews, user testing, and card sorting exercises
- Produce and refine sitemaps, user journey maps and flows, wireframes, taxonomies, content models, functional specifications, and other UX and IA documentation
- Conduct website content inventories
- Capture, review, and share website metrics and analytics and use these to inform UX and IA recommendations
- Develop content strategy and structure, and assist clients with content audit processes, prioritization, and governance planning
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a UX strategy / Information Architecture capacity, agency preferred; experience with both business-to-consumer and business-to-business websites; experience with arts, education, financial, and non-profit clients a plus
- Experience in UX design, including the creation of wireframes, interactive prototypes and feature set definition
- Experience working with visual designers and developers, both in house and third party, to ensure streamlined and intuitive online experiences; experience in creating and implementing design systems a plus
- Experience with content strategy and development of protocols for client content input
- Proficiency with UX research tools such as Optimal Workshop, Userlytics, Hotjar, and Google Analytics. Proficiency with UX design and sitemapping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, and Slickplan. Familiarity with team collaboration tools such as Slack, Basecamp, and Google Drive
- Prior experience in a client-facing role; must be comfortable meeting clients and making and supporting UX and IA recommendations
The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a flexible environment with multiple strategy and design teams; willingness to help teams create ideal workflows and process improvements; be organized, efficient, and able to manage multiple and complex projects; and have a collaborative and confident working style. You must be comfortable being the sole UX practitioner within our small agency, proactively staying current on evolving UX and IA best practices, educating team members and stakeholders as needed, and independently leading projects from this perspective.
Please send resume and sample URLs to email@example.com; no phone calls or recruiter inquiries, please. Salary details commensurate with experience, and available upon application.