Like working with smart people? Like big ideas? Like cookies? You’ll fit right in.
Our team is smart, talented, collaborative, and creative, and we all care about providing our clients with strategy, design, and digital media that work hard for them, long after we’ve completed the project. If that sounds like you, you might be in luck!
Senior Web Developer (WordPress / Drupal)
Sametz Blackstone Associates seeks a Senior Web Developer interested in both front-end and back-end development to lead our highly collaborative development process.
The ideal candidate understands the full-stack, has a high level of competence with best practices, and has an affinity for open source platforms like WordPress and Drupal. And due to the collaborative—and consultative—nature of our practice, strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Projecting scoping (including areas of limitation and opportunity)
- Collaborative wireframe and design review with UX and design team members
- Custom website development—including custom WordPress and Drupal themes—using wireframes and design files
- Setting up and maintaining development, staging, and production environments
- Recommending and implementing performance improvements
- Code evaluation to ensure proper structure, accessibility, and cross browser / device / OS compatibility
- Managing the consistent use of development approaches and libraries of reusable elements
- Client training and defined post-launch support
- Interfacing with client IT personnel to align expectations around site hosting and delivery
- Technical documentation
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Experience with PHP-based CMS platforms (i.e., WordPress and Drupal)
- Ability to write clean, efficient, cross-browser compliant front-end code
- Demonstrated experience with responsive design frameworks
- Ability to convert PSD and Sketch files to front-end markup with great attention to detail that carries through design intentions
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git (experience with the Git flow model a plus)
- Comfortable working in team-based environments
- Demonstrated experience working with hosting vendors
- Hands on experience a must. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
- Open-Source technologies preferred: PHP, Apache, LESS, Git, Grunt
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; ability to clearly explain concepts to a non-technical audience
Applicants must be local to Boston, MA. This is a full time, permanent position. No recruiters, seriously. Thanks.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, portfolio links and salary requirements to hr @ sametz dot com.